Of all the different holidays you could probably take, there are few experiences as exhilarating as being aboard a cruise ship. You will definitely be spoilt for choices as the options at hand are numerous. There are umpteen cruise lines and while the actual number of cruises running across the world are too many, we will bring to you 20 of the best cruise ships.
With this narrowed down selection, it should be easier for you to decide which cruise ship you would like to settle on and go on a cruise holiday you will always cherish.
The allure of the seas is an oasis class cruise ship which is owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. When the ship was launched in November 2009, it became the largest passenger ship in the world and it overtook her sister ship, ‘Oasis of the Seas’. However, in June 2016, this feat was then overtaken by her sister ship, ‘Harmony of the Seas’.
It currently measures 225,282 GT and has a capacity of 5,412 passengers at double occupancy. This massive ship comes packed with several amenities. The Brazilian churrascaria and the Broadway show “Mamma Mia” are two of the big highlights of the cruise.
- Splurge your food buds as there are 20 plus dining options
- The outdoor Aqua Theatre is a true treat
- Mini golf zone and the H2O zone water park for kids are exciting kid friendly options
- Adventure adrenaline kicking activities like rock climbing, scuba certification, FlowRider, zip lining and more are present in abundance
- The ship has 20 plus cabin categories and all cabins are well furnished and extremely comfortable
- This cruise line is ideal for both families and honeymooners. However, given the high-end luxury services, it turns out to be expensive.
Another oasis class cruise ship which is owned and operated by the Royal Caribbean International, it is a luxury cruise ship which has been bestowed with too many awards for being one of the very best. Catering to families and honeymooners, this ship has a lot to offer.
She measures 225,282 GT and can carry 5,412 passengers at double occupancy which is identical to the ‘Allure of the Seas’. There is even distinct neighborhood which blends together to offer a once in a lifetime experience.
- The ice skating shows performed in the ice rink at Studio B is surely a visual treat
- The zip line which is suspended nine decks above the boardwalk is a must do activity
- With as many as 158 cardio and resistance machines, it is a fitness freak’s paradise
- Hair salon H2O zone, sauna, massage, spa, night club, discotheque, Royale theatre are some of the different facilities which this ship has to offer.
- Check out the cruise itinerary to find where they are sailing – the eastern Caribbean or the western Caribbean and then plan the perfect luxury vacation. The prices are on the steep side, but worth every penny.
Built by the Royal Caribbean International back in 2014, the Quantum of the Seas measures a whopping 168,666 GT and can carry 4,180 passengers at double occupancy. It has a jewel shoe capsule and every experience which it offers is simply WOW! This cruise line operates in 72 countries which map 6 continents and so by checking the itinerary and booking the dates, you can go just about anywhere you want.
- The quantum of the areas has as many as 15 decks. They all come fully furnished and with some of the most gorgeous views.
- All types of relaxation facilities including spa, diamond lounge, concierge club swimming pool solarium is present here
- A very well-planned fitness area is present with an excellent jogging track as well
- The best of dining can be found in the cruise with almost all kinds of cuisine readily available across a plethora of restaurants
- Check out adventure activities like sky diving, FlowRider, rock climbing, high flying trapeze and more.
- While families and couples can be on this cruise, it would fall in the luxury budget.
Built back in 2010 by the Norwegian cruise line, this ship measures 155,873 GT and it has the capacity to carry 4,100 passengers on board at double occupancy. With this ship, you can explore the rich Mediterranean history, enjoy the breezy Bahamas and simply sit and adore the journey across the Atlantic.
Considered by many as one of the most entertaining floating city with a plethora of options, this ship is surely going to spoil you with the endless fun activities to engage in.
- There is a range of enjoyable activities on the cruise. The live show by Blue Man Group particularly is something you cannot afford to miss.
- For all those gamblers out there, the casino and players club program is definitely too exciting to miss.
- The suites are well designed and are ideal both for couples and families as well. They come with large balconies, butlers and a plethora of other amenities
- There are more than 20 bars and lounges for you to have a fun time.
- The multi-slide aqua park is a fun and refreshing activity meant for people of all age groups
- This cruise is ideal for both couples and families as there are plenty of kid specific zone as well.
This ship was built by the Royal Caribbean International in the year 2006. It measures 154,407 GT and has a capacity of 3634 passengers at double occupancy. This ship is known to exude the best of naval engineering and it works on eleven different routes. So, you are free to choose the one you would like to explore.
- It is the ideal ship for all those who are seeking the best kind of entertaining adventure which can thrill one and all
- The flow rider, surf simulator helps you catch a wave above the deck and is a promising activity which is sure to thrill you
- There are endless eating options as the cruise has plenty of coffee shops, bakery, fine dine, bars, lounges and more
- The solariums, pools, H2O zone, Water Park, and the pool parties are excellent options too
- For those who are out with family, there are a lot of family enjoyment experiences as well
This ship was built by the Royal Caribbean International in the year 2007. It measures 154,407 GT and comes with a capacity of 3,634 passengers on double occupancy. Loaded with tons of entertaining and exhilarating activities, this cruise has been designed to offer travelers the vacation of a lifetime.
- There are different kinds of rooms that have been designed for all kinds of travelers. From rooms which are baby friendly to the ones designed for honeymooners and even extended families and those with special needs, the cruise caters to one and all
- The perfect storm water slides are ideal for those who are looking to splash and have some wild time. Check out the tidal wave at sea as well.
- The dive in movies and even the Splash way Bay aqua park are exciting options for those who are looking to spend some quality family time
- Saturday night live: the musical is an event strictly not to be missed
- For foodies, the Sorrento’s Pizzeria, the sky lounge, Johnny Rockets, Cafe Promenade are some of the exciting options not meant to be missed
- Check out Casino Royale and the Boleros Latin themed lounge too
- It is ideal for all kinds of families. The cruise is definitely on the luxury side
This ship is a freedom class cruise ship and was built by the Royal Caribbean International back in the year 2008 and it measures 154,407 GT. It has the capacity to carry 3,634 passengers on double occupancy. It is the third ship in the freedom class. Doesn’t matters whether it is the headed to the European waters or it is cruising through the Caribbean, this world class cruise is bound to entertain you to the fullest.
- This line of cruise is known for offering some of the strongest entertainment lineups and the noteworthy among them has to be Grease, the musical
- It mainly has five different types of cabins and they are all well-maintained
- The ship offers free dining but a lot of people complained that the quality of free dining wasn’t exceptional. However, you have plenty of other options as there are endless restaurants and all kinds of cuisines.
- Flow rider, mini golf, rock climbing, night club, casino royale, fitness centers are some of the entertaining activities you could indulge in
- There are more than 100 different spa treatments you could indulge in here
- It is ideal for both couples and families and prices tend to be on the higher side.
This cruise was built by Cunard Line in 2004 and it measures 148,528 GT and carries 2,592 passengers at double occupancy. In the cruise industry, this ship comes with the highest passenger to space ratio. It comes packed with some of the best amenities, world class facilities and even the finest design which is sure to please you. This cruise line is known for integrating the finest luxury facilities which make it a class apart.
- Queen Mary 2 comes with a plethora of different styles of rooms which come with the finest luxurious designs
- It has over 1,360 cabins which are available in four different categories
- A butler on concierge is available at all times to assist the different travelers on board
- The cruise comes with some of the best spa and salons and they will pamper the travelers in the luxurious way possible
- The cruise comes with one of the finest pool pavilion and the stylish deck chairs along with the retractable roof and even the two whirlpools makes for an excellent experience
- The enrichment program present at the ship is definitely the kind of experience which will leave you asking for more
- The specialty design and the different food options offered is one of the best when you compare the cruises
- This ship is mainly known for blending old tradition with the finesse of the new
- It caters to individuals, couples, and families and is a high-end budget cruise
With its year round home port being the New York City, this ship which was built by Norwegian Cruise Line back in 2014 measures 146,600 GT and it has the capacity to carry 3,988 passengers at double occupancy. Known for its exuberance, style, and the high-end finesse, this cruise has a lot to offer to its travelers all year round.
- The cruise sails on a lot of different scenic routes each of which is sure to delight the travelers in umpteen ways
- The cruise has as many as 27 exceptional dining options
- The aqua park has five multi-story water slides which leave people with an exceptional experience
- Do not miss out on the bungee trampolines, rock climbing, mini golf, deck football and a range of other adventurous activities
- The duty-free shop and the atrium along with boutique, art gallery and reception offer an exotic experience
- During the summer and the spring, the ship sails to the beautiful pink sand beaches of Bermuda
- During the winters, it sails to the tropics of the Bahamas and the Caribbean
- The firework display on the cruise is a sight to behold
- It is family friendly and considered as a luxury line
This is the second ship that belongs to the Breakaway Class and it was built by the Norwegian Cruise Line back in 2014. It measures 145,655 GT and has the capacity to carry 3,910 passengers at double occupancy. It combines the best of luxury along with some of the finest views and world class amenities to stand out as a cruise that has been designed to impress.
- It comes with an innovative water-front which happens to be the first open air promenade in the cruise industry. It helps in connecting the travelers with the ocean in a way that rejuvenates the soul
- With as many as 28 diverse dining options, people have plenty to choose from
- The five water slides along with the three levels of sports complex that is packed with action give people a lot to cheer about
- Million dollar quartet, a Broadway musical is definitely something you cannot afford to miss
- The Caribbean cruise heads to the magical waters of Bahamas and the European one will help you unwind at some of the most picturesque location. Also, people can hop on to the transatlantic cruise to simply unwind themselves at the sea and bask in the beauty
- Do not miss out on some of the best bars which include bar 21, the bar at the atrium, O’Sheehan’s, Sunset bar, prime meridian and more
- Another luxury line of cruise, it caters to all groups of people
This ship was built by the Princess Cruises back in 2013 and it was christened by Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge. While it mainly sticks to the traditional style of cruising, it has integrated plenty of modern additions to give it the touch of modernism.
- The sea walk is one of the major highlights of the cruise as it hangs on one side of the ship and is present 16 decks up. It offers some of the most tantalizing views through strengthened glass
- The water and light show at the fountain located between the main pool and the movies under the stars screen is an exhilarating experience
- Hailed as one of the most popular ships at sea, she has won as many as 5 different notable awards
- The piazza style atrium and the sanctuary which is haven for adults, the cruise has everything that defines luxury
- She offers some of the best dining options that will relish your taste buds
- A luxury cruise, prices are definitely on the higher side
She is the sister ship to the Royal Princess and was built by the Princess Cruises Line in 2014. It measures 142,229 GT and comes with a passenger capacity of 3,560 at double occupancy. It has been built on the modern lines and comes equipped with some of the finest states of the art facilities and world class amenities.
- The atrium and the piazza are the true highlights of this ship and offer a view to die for
- The sea walk which offers a tantalizing and exhilarating experience of glass bottom walkway has been hailed by many as the most exceptionally mind blowing feature at the sea
- The pool deck hosts the water and light show wherein the water shoots up 33 feet high in the air
- There are plenty of dining options ranging from the Chef’s Table Lumiere to even the gelato bar and more
- The rooms are well equipped and all outside rooms come with their own balcony
- The shopaholics should keep an eye out for the duty-free shops and the boutiques
- A luxury cruise, the prices are quite high.
This ship was built by the Royal Caribbean International in the year 2002 and it measures 139,750 GT. It comes with a capacity of 3,726 passengers at double occupancy. It is the first of the Royal Caribbean ship that offers the virtual balcony. This ship was refurbished massively in the year 2014 to make it at par with the modern luxuries.
- The virtual balconies offer an excellent viewing for the travelers. The standard cabins come with a floor to ceiling HD screen. This allows the travels to behold the spectacular view of the ocean.
- Entertainment options are available in plenty as one can enjoy the ice skating rink, the country club which comes with golf simulator, rock climbing, outdoor pool, the open air basketball court and more
- The whirlpool spa along with the beauty salon is a must visit point in the cruise
- This line boasts of some of the best food and drink options. There are plenty of themed bars and lounges. Do not miss out on the vintage wine bar either
- Casino junkies have a lot to cheer about too
- The cruise is suitable for people of all age group and falls in the luxury range
This line of the cruise was built by the MSC Cruises back in the year 2012. It measures 139,400 GT and has the capacity of carrying 3,478 passengers at double occupancy. This cruise was inspired by the award winning actress Sophia Loren and it is known for exuding class, glamour, and finesse which can set a lot of other cruises to shame.
- The overall designing of this cruise is exemplary. The Swarovski crustal staircase and the illusion which the infinity pool creates is mind blowing
- The west-end sized Theatre, the disco segment, the Pantheon theatre which is Broadway sized and the casino Venetian are some of the most amazing entertainment options
- The slow food delicacies offered at Eataly restaurant are worth savoring. Also, check out the Galaxy Club for the best kind of dining experience. There is no dearth of eating options here.
- The MSC area spa offers the best of spa sessions which will unwind the travelers and leave them rejuvenated
- The top 18 allows people to enjoy the best deck space and soak in the beauty of the sun and relax themselves
- The rates though high are not exorbitant. The cruise is ideal for both couples and families
This ship was made by the MSC Cruises in the year 2013. The ship measures 139,400 GT and it carries 3,478 passengers at double occupancy. The ambiance which the ship creates is class apart and most travelers are struck by the awe inspiring beauty and luxury which this ship exudes.
The cruise was awarded the best innovation award by Cruise International back in 2013 itself. The cruise is known for creating the kind of cosmopolitan atmosphere which is sure to impress one and all.
- The real stone piazza along with the Swarovski crystal grand staircases coupled with the magical infinity pool are the things to look out for.
- The MSC Aurea spa is sure to help you unwind and relax completely as you can break free of the exhaustion which may otherwise build up
- The Doremi Castle kids Aqua Park and vertigo which is the longest single water slide on the sea are two of the most enjoyable experiences
- The MSC Yacht club has hogged a lot of limelight as it is often known as a ship within a ship and it redefines what luxury means to you
- There is world class entertainment options that include Broadway scale theatre and full gaming casino as well.
- The Tiki bar caters to kids and teens as well
- This cruise is ideal for both couples and families and falls in the luxury budget
This amazing cruise was built by the Royal Caribbean International in the year 2013. It measures 138,279 GT and comes equipped with the capacity to carry 3,114 passengers at double occupancy. It belongs to the Voyager Class and the ship has been designed to offer the best of staterooms, the finest dining options and some of the most amazing recreational facilities as well.
- This cruise allows you to escape to CocoCay which is a private island wherein travelers can unwind themselves
- The rooms are all fully furnished and come with the best amenities. The ocean view staterooms have the views to die for.
- The pool parties, solarium, royal promenade, cabaret and stage production are some of the places you need to be at
- When the ship was offered new inclusions, they added a range of shopping experiences and you can pick some great stuff here.
- The cruise caters to individuals, couples, and families and falls in the luxury range
This ship was built back in 2008 by MSC Cruises. It measures 137,936 GT and it carries 3,274 passengers at double occupancy. Built with a little Italian jazz and sass, this ship prides itself on the kind of comfort and levels of luxury which she has to offer. It is loaded with some of the finest amenities and a plethora of options to splurge and eat.
- The MSC Aurea spa which comes with a thermal cave and the 12 other hydro massage pools on the cruise will leave you with an unforgettable experience.
- The MSC yacht club has 71 spacious suites, a solarium, swimming pool, one of the best a la carte French restaurants, an observation lounge which is equipped with a bar as well.
- Do not miss out on the panoramic liquid disco, the Broadway scale Theatre, the Monte Carlo casino and the designed themed lounge bars as well.
- The real stone piazza along with the espresso bar and the delectable bakery is bound to be every food lover’s paradise
- There are clubs which caters to both kids and teens too
- The cruise is ideal for solo vacationers, couples and even families who are willing to splurge
This ship too was built by the MSC Cruises back in the year 2009. It measures 137,936 GT and it has a capacity of 3274 passengers. The cruise has made a name for herself for offering the blend of technology, luxury and style all packed into one.
It was the second ship in the Fantasia Class. Most of the rooms have been furnished to exude the charm and elegance of modern standards. The ship prides itself on making use of the latest and the most innovative technological methods to ensure that it stays eco-friendly.
- The strand Theatre, the royal palm casino, and the club 33 disco are three of the key highlights of the cruise
- Like most cruises from the MSC line, do not miss out on the MSC Aurea spa as it is an exhilarating experience which is bound to rejuvenate the body. The Balinese massage, sauna, and the thalassotherapy is a must enjoy experience
- The top 18 sun deck offers some of the most majestic ocean views
- The MSC yacht club which is a ship within a ship arrangement comes with 71 spacious suites of its own and some of the best services is surely a top experience
- There are as many as four swimming pools, a squash court, a jogging track and a lot more for the fitness enthusiasts.
- The 4D cinema and the F1 simulator too are worth watching out for
- Family friendly cruise, the prices are often steep
This ship was made by the Royal Caribbean International Line back in 2000. It measures 137,308 GT and has an occupancy capacity of 3,114 passengers. The ship packs a lot of different activities to ensure that regardless of the taste of the traveler, everyone would have something to cheer about.
- The ship cruises along the Alaskan coast and you can enjoy the untouched and unspoiled wilderness and the sheer beauty of this place. Travelers can also make the most of the south pacific region too
- The cruise comes with virtual balconies where all rooms, even the ones that are not sea facing can enjoy the breathtaking views of the sea
- Gamers and adrenaline junkies can have the time of their life at flow rider, the mini golf course, and the ice skating rink or even enjoy themselves in the rock climbing activity too
- There is no dearth of eating options as you can find nearly every cuisine here ranging from Italian to Japanese and more
- The vitality SM Spa surely leaves people relishing the feel of their own skin
- Family friendly cruise, the prices are once again on the luxury side
This ship was made way back in 1999 by the Royal Caribbean International. It measures 137,276 GT and has a capacity of 3,114 passengers. It is known to be one of the best marvels of naval engineering and packs a lot of different exciting activities into one.
After the ship went through the renovation, the staterooms and the dining options were expanded and more recreational facilities were added to it to make this cruise even better than what it was before.
- The ship cruises on a lot of foreign soil. One can cherish the Australian outback or even head South Pacific to behold the beautiful shores there. Travelers can also lose them in the Fiji paradise and be smitten by the beauty that the world calls as New Zealand
- Flow rider, pool parties, solarium are some of the sun drenched adventure activities you can engage in
- For couples out on their honeymoon, there are plenty of date night options and this includes diamond club, pool bar, Schooner bar and more
- Shopaholics should keep an eye out for the gift shop and even visit the royal promenade, the art gallery, and the photo gallery as well.
- A family friendly cruise, the prices are quite high.
These are 20 of the best luxury cruise ships which come packed with the finest amenities you can ask for. Check out which route they are running on and at what time of the year and you could plan one of the perfect trips which will leave you with a once in a lifetime experience.
Here are more cruise holiday related blog posts that you may enjoy:
Best Places to Stay in Koh Samui
Things to Do in Koh Lanta
Peru Treks - the Best
Best Time to Visit Peru
Boat Rentals in Drubovnik
Sailing Holidays in Croatia
How to go From Bangkok to Koh Samui
What to do in Krabi
Hiking Gloves - Which Ones to Buy?
Why Maldives Vacation is The Best
Best Beaches in Cebu
Best Beaches Near Manila
Fishes in Fiji - for Your Next Diving Trip
Beaches in Peru That You Should Visit
Everest Base Camp Trekking
Annapurna Base Camp vs Circuit Trek
Costa Rica Facts - Did you know?
Iceland in February - Best Time to Visit
What to Wear in Iceland
Places to Visit in Maldives
Facts About Mount Kilimanjaro
Best Time to Climb Kilimanjaro
Cost to Climb Kilimanjaro
Cruise Ships - 20 Best in the World
The Best Cruises from Tampa
Cruises from Fort Lauderdale
What to Take on a Cruise
The Biggest List of Cruise Holidays